Roast Celeriac Soup
- 25g butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- white of a small leek, chopped
- 400g diced celeriac
- 2 tablespoons oil
- few sprigs thyme
- 150g diced potato
- 50ml double cream
- 600ml ham stock
Toss the celeriac in the oil, season add the thyme and roast for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
Cook the onion and leek in the butter until soft and golden.
Add the stock, potatoes and cooked celeriac. Cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Add the cream and blend. Check seasoning.
Ham Hock and celery salad topped scallion pancakes
- 1 ham hock, boiled with chopped celery, onions and leek until fork tender, shredded
- leaves and 2 inner stalks celery, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons horseradish dressing
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- few chopped chives
- 50g diced mature cheddar
- 150g soda bread flour
- 2 chopped scallions
- 100ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- pinch salt
- oil for cooking
Whisk the egg and buttermilk together and mix in the soda bread flour.
Fold in the salt and scallions and leave for 10 minutes.
Wipe a hot frying pan with oil and add dessertspoons of the the batter.
When bubbles appear, flip over and cook for a minute on the other side.
Top with the ham mixture and serve on the side with the soup.