- 8 x 75 pieces fresh salmon
- juice 1 lemon
- few sprigs dill
- few chopped celery leaves
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- splash white wine
Place all the ingredients, apart from the salmon in a pan and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 10 minutes then turn off and infuse for an hour.
Bring back up to heat, add the salmon and turn off. Allow to cool in the liquor.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, split, seeds removed and diced
- 50ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- zest 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Mix together, season with salt and pepper.
- 2 medium beetroots
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 100ml red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
Wrap the beetroots in foil and bake until soft in a 180oc oven – about 2 hours. Peel and chop them.
Boil the shallot with the wine and balsamic until half the liquid has evaporated.
Blend with the beetroot, adding a little water if necessary.
Season with salt to taste.
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 25ml white wine vinegar
- 75ml rapseed oil
Whisk the horseradish, mustard, honey and vinegar together.
Whisk in the oil and season.